The Greater West Texas State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC) is an independent charitable giving campaign for State of Texas employees managed by Lubbock Area United Way. The Greater West Texas area covers 47 counties including the cities of Abilene, Big Spring, Lubbock, Midland, and Odessa.
Committees of state employees govern the SECC at two levels — statewide and locally. The committees ensure the campaign is conducted fairly and equitably under a strict set of state statutes and guidelines, which give donors confidence in both the charities that benefit and the methods used to solicit.
2014 SECC Charity Application Process
Do you know of a charity in your community that could benefit from the generous donations that State of Texas employees make through the SECC each year? NOW IS THE TIME to let them know that they can apply to be included in the SECC di-rectory for the 2014 Campaign that begins in the Fall. Over $1Million is raised in Greater West Texas ANNUALLY by the SECC!!
To apply, the charitable organization must meet strict eligibility requirements as listed below:
- They must be recognized by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and registered with the Secretary of State.
- They must be audited (or reviewed) annually by an accountant in accordance with generally-accepted auditing standards.
- They must provide direct or indirect health and human services.
- They must spend no more than 25% of funds raised on administration and fundraising.
Charitable organizations can apply by downloading the application below or by contacting Lubbock Area United Way at 806-747-2711. Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on March 20, 2014.
- Facebook - Greater West Texas SECC
- Texas Tech University SECC Page
- Texas Tech Health Sciences Center SECC Page
- Statewide SECC Website